More than 20 specialist topic streams & special events
- Submit abstracts for the 24th AIP Congress here.
Register now and get the most out of attending this year’s AIP Congress in Adelaide from 11 – 16 Dec by attending networking events, practical workshops, a pitchfest and more.
Not only does the program feature 20 specialist topic streams in physics, the Congress will also be hosting a range of special events in which you can actively participate – no need to just sit and listen to talks all day!
The Congress is co-locating with the 7th International Workshop on Speciality Optical Fibres (WSOF), a technical workshop and exhibition focused on advances and innovations in speciality optical fibres and their applications. You’ll get the chance to be involved in a tutorial, one-on-one discussions, listen to talks, and see the latest product offerings from industrial partners.
Other special events associated with the Congress program* include the:
- Army Quantum Technology Workshop; hear the latest in the Army’s interests and intentions in quantum technology, as well as build collaborations and workshop ideas with the Army to help gain and retain a quantum advantage
- Army Quantum Next Generation Pitchfest; learn how Australia’s talented postgraduate students, early career researchers and early-stage start-up entrepreneurs will tackle current quantum technology challenges
- Physics Education-themed High Tea; listen to a keynote presentation and discuss the nexus between high school physics teaching and university physics courses
- Diversity and Equity Group in Australian Physics (DE-GAP) Breakfast; get involved in a networking session, keynote presentation, and breakfast
- Conference on Optoelectronic and Microelectronic Materials and Devices (COMMAD); discuss developments in semiconductors, including microelectronic and optoelectronic materials, as well as nanoscale and quantum technologies
- Precision and Quantum Sensing Workshop (PQS2022); discuss with researchers and industry experts applications of precision quantum sensing, including in defence
*Please ensure that you indicate to attend these special events when you register.
There will also be two associated workshops occurring before the Congress:
- Australian National Fabrication Facility (ANFF) Workshop: fabricating photonic and optical components
- Workshop on 3D Printing of Photonics Materials
More info on the Congress
This year’s Congress will be held at the Adelaide Convention Centre from 11 – 16 Dec.
It will be co-locating with the Australian and New Zealand Conference on Optics and Photonics (ANZCOP) in addition to the Workshop of Specialty Optical Fibres (WSOF).
Submission of abstracts is openuntil 15 Jul and registration is open until 2 Dec.
Please visit the official Congress website for regular updates.