Promoting the role of Physics in research, education, industry and the community
Welcome to the New South Wales (NSW) branch of the AIP. Watch this space for local events in NSW.
|Professor Miroslav Filipovic
|Dr Danica Solina
|Dr Fred Osman
|Dr Phil Burns
NSW Events Schedule for 2024
Our events can also be viewed in MEETUP: LINK (sign up for a free account to be informed about upcoming NSWAIP events)
NSW Awards and Prizes
The NSW Branch celebrates its physicists by giving out awards and prizes.
Click below for the latest (2024) Australian Institute of Physics New South Wales Awards including the 2024 Community Outreach Award.
Notable submission closing dates:
- TH LABY MEDAL Close: Friday 5 April 2024
- AIP BRAGG GOLD MEDAL Close: Monday 6 May 2024
- AIPNSW Physics in the Pub Nominations Close: Friday 28 June 2024
- AIPNSW Community Outreach to Physics Award Close: Friday 5 July 2024
- AIPNSW Postgraduate Award Nominations Close: Saturday 12 Oct 2024
Physics in the Pub 2023 - "Cold" and "Failed" Dwarf Stars Deserve Our Love by Kovi Rose, Sydney University
Check out the other videos from Physics in the Pub HERE
This page is maintained by Scott Martin firstname.lastname@example.org