- This event has passed.
Join your AIP for the fun, interesting talks, food, drinks and conversation that make up your AIP General Meeting
May 23, 2018 @ 6:00 pm - 8:30 pm
Please join your fellow physicists Wednesday 23rd of May at 6pm, 5th floor UWA Physics building tea-room, for the fun, interesting talks, food, drinks and conversation that make up your AIP General Meeting.
- Please RSVP so we can cater for the event. Remember to bring a friend !
- As well as our usual programme, we invite you to participate in the ABC Stargazing Live World Record Attempt.
- Wednesday 23 May, the ABC and Australian National University’s Guinness World Record attempt for the Most People Stargazing Across Multiple Venues! To participate and host a party we need an open space, a minimum of 25 people and a couple of volunteers. You can see the current list of public Star Party event locations here: https://www.facebook.com/pg/WorldRecordStargazing/events/. Please see the attached Frequently Asked Questions for more info, and feel free to contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any other questions at all.
- We are pleased to announce Dr Eleanor (Ellie) Sansom will be our guest speaker for the evening.
- Dr Eleanor (Ellie) Sansom will be speaking about Fireballs in the Sky. An award-winning program connecting the public with the research of the Desert Fireball Network, based at Curtin University in Perth, Australia. Eleanor is the Desert Fireball Network Science Lead and will be discussing stories of the Desert Fireball Network.
- Dr Sansom completed her Masters in Geophysics and will be trying to increase the accuracy of the team’s predictions of where meteorites may have fallen and determine the orbits that the space rocks were travelling before they entered the atmosphere. The innovative outreach program encourages global citizens to get involved in the research by reporting fireball sightings through the Fireballs in the Sky app. Through augmented reality, an intuitive interface and sensing technology of a smartphone app, anyone anywhere in the world can recreate their fireball sighting to contribute scientifically useful data.
- UWA Science Union is looking for companies, organisations and businesses to attend the 2018 Careers Expo, providing networking opportunities for students and the companies attending. It’s an amazing chance to talk to budding scientists about what they could do in the work force and in your company.
- Fair will be happening on May 15th from 12pm till 2pm on the UWA campus.
- Science Union will have tables set up for your company to use, if you would like to bring any brochures, signage etc. you are more than welcome to do so.
- If your company is interested in attending please feel free to contact email@example.com or contact our external affairs officer, Himanshi her email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- It’s membership renewal time by the way, so please make sure you’re up to date with your subscription. See AIP site here.
- As a Physicist, you should ask why? So I have attached the answers below.
- Alcoa have asked us to remind you of their Graduate recruitment programme.