26th November 2021
Tim Winton Lecture Theatre
We are happy to announce this year’s Australian Institute of Physics WA Student conference. Each year, the conference brings together young researchers from around WA and gives them the opportunity to present their projects in physics and physics-related disciplines.
Honours, Masters and PhD students are invited to attend and enjoy a day of networking and present their research in a friendly environment. Students can apply to give an oral presentation or present a poster. Details regarding the talk formats can be found on the registration page. Undergraduate students are also encouraged to attend and register their interest to present.
Call for Abstracts
Abstract submission is now open. Please use the provided templates for Word and LaTex. If you are writing an abstract for the first time, you might find some useful tips here. Please ensure that your abstract conforms to the format of the templates, as we may ask you to resubmit if it does not.
Submit the abstracts via the online form.
Relevant topics include but are not limited to:
- Theoretical physics
- Experimental physics
- Computational physics
- Astronomy, astrophysics and cosmology
- Medical physics
We also encourage students working in other physics related fields to participate, such as physical chemistry, engineering, spectroscopy etc.
Register here to attend the conference. Registration fees will be $20 and include morning tea, fully catered lunch, afternoon tea and snacks. If you need financial support, please contact the committee. The fee will be collected in cash at the venue.
- The program will be announced.
- The conference will consist of a single stream of talks and a poster session.
- There will be prizes for the best presentations.
- Kate Putman (Curtin University)
- Jason Fogg (Curtin University)
- Benjamin Dix-Matthews (The University of Western Australia)
- Justin Freeman (The University of Western Australia)
- Jaiden Cook (Curtin University)
- Mawson Sammons (Curtin University)
- Kavi Chapagain (Murdoch University)