14th November 2019
We are happy to announce this year’s Australian Institute of Physics WA Student conference. Each year, the conference brings together young researchers from around WA and gives them the opportunity to present their projects in physics and physics-related disciplines.
Honours, Masters and PhD students are invited to attend and enjoy a day of networking and present their research in a friendly environment. Students can apply to give an oral presentation or present a poster. Talks will not exceed 15min. Undergraduate students are encouraged to attend and register their interest to present by contacting the committee.
Call for Abstracts
The call for abstracts is open until 20th October 2019. Please use the provided templates for Word and LaTex. If you are writing an abstract for the first time, you might find some useful tips here. Please ensure that your abstract conforms to the format of the templates, as we may ask you to resubmit if it does not.
Submit the abstracts to email@example.com.
Relevant topics include but are not limited to:
- Theoretical physics
- Experimental physics
- Computational physics
- Astronomy, astrophysics and cosmology
- Medical physics
Register here to attend the conference. Registration fees will be $25 and include morning tea, fully catered lunch, afternoon tea and snacks. If you need financial support, please contact the committee. The fee will be collected in cash at the venue.
- The program will be uploaded soon after the call of abstracts closes on the 20th of October.
- The conference will consist of a single stream of talks and a poster session.
- There will be prizes for the best presentations.
- Participants are invited to join the Australian Institute of Physics WA Annual General Meeting and dinner after the conference, at UWA’s University Club. More information will be posted here later.
- Justin Freeman (UWA)
- Alireza Aghajamali (Curtin)
- Dagmawi Tadesse (Murdoch)
- Tobias Hain (Murdoch)
- Kavi Chapagain (Murdoch)
- Nicolas Okeeffe (Murdoch)
Our sponsors and donors