14th November 2019
Bayliss Building, G35, The University of Western Australia
We are happy to announce this year’s Australian Institute of Physics WA Student conference. Each year, the conference brings together young researchers from around WA and gives them the opportunity to present their projects in physics and physics-related disciplines.
Honours, Masters and PhD students are invited to attend and enjoy a day of networking and present their research in a friendly environment. Students can apply to give an oral presentation or present a poster. Talks will not exceed 15min. Undergraduate students are encouraged to attend and register their interest to present by contacting the committee.
Call for Abstracts
Abstract submission is now closed. Please use the provided templates for Word and LaTex. If you are writing an abstract for the first time, you might find some useful tips here. Please ensure that your abstract conforms to the format of the templates, as we may ask you to resubmit if it does not.
Submit the abstracts to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Relevant topics include but are not limited to:
- Theoretical physics
- Experimental physics
- Computational physics
- Astronomy, astrophysics and cosmology
- Medical physics
Register here to attend the conference. Registration fees will be $25 and include morning tea, fully catered lunch, afternoon tea and snacks. If you need financial support, please contact the committee. The fee will be collected in cash at the venue.
- The program can be found here.
- The conference will consist of a single stream of talks and a poster session.
- There will be prizes for the best presentations.
- Participants are invited to join the Australian Institute of Physics WA Annual General Meeting and dinner after the conference, at UWA’s University Club. As participants of this conference, we subsidise you ticket for the dinner with up to 40$, depending on the demand. If interested, please drop us an email.
- Justin Freeman (UWA)
- Alireza Aghajamali (Curtin)
- Dagmawi Tadesse (Murdoch)
- Tobias Hain (Murdoch)
- Kavi Chapagain (Murdoch)
- Nicolas Okeeffe (Murdoch)
Our sponsors and donors