Telstra’s Power of Engineering event for year 9 and 10 female students
May 1 @ 8:00 am - 5:00 pmFree
QUT’s Power of Engineering event is a fully funded, one-day program for female students in Years 9 and 10. We are excited to partner with Telstra to run this event.
Do you think engineering has the power to change the world? More and more women in Australia are making a real difference through a career in engineering.
You’re invited to nominate female students in Years 9 and 10 from your school to attend this FREE one-day event.
The event will show girls that ‘everything is possible’ in their career, by giving them the chance to experience first-hand what an engineering career would be like.
|Featuring practical workshops in world-class engineering labs at Telstra’s Customer Insight Centre, the girls will get to try their hand at various engineering exercises and be inspired by successful women currently working in the engineering profession.|
- Communication Evolution – Understand the first electronic form of communication and how it’s evolved over time. We take you through the history and you get the chance to build a telegraph of sorts.
- Learning to Code – Basics of Programming logic and its relevance to the industry
- IOT (Internet of Things) – Use Machine to Machine connectivity and learn about how they connect. Get a chance to test sensors using our live network to learn about how automated cars, drones and many other devices will talk to each other.
- Power – Energy and Sustainability and building the wind machines and how we are lowering electricity costs and carbon footprint
- Transport & Routing – Understand how packets (SMS) are send across the networks and get a clearer understanding of how the network carries this SMS traffic and its use in everyday lives. Hands of learning with some fun activities
All places have been filled. Registrations are now closed.