- This event has passed.
Join your AIP for the fun, interesting talks, food, drinks and conversation that make up your AIP General Meeting
March 23, 2018 @ 8:00 pm - 10:30 pm
Greetings colleagues & a special welcome to our new members.
Please join your fellow physicists Tuesday 13th of March at 6pm for the fun, interesting talks, food, drinks and conversation that make up your AIP General Meeting.
It’s membership renewal time by the way, so please make sure you’re up to date with your subscription. See AIP site here.
- As a Physicist, you should ask why? So I have attached the answers below.
- Reasons Why
Our big event this year is of course the national congress, held here in December.
- Keen to get involved to help make this a big success? We need all hands on deck and hope for lots of member engagement.
- This meeting is a great chance to find out about the congress and how you can put your enthusiasm to work.
- We’ll provide an update on where we’re at and we’re also fortunate to have two of the conference organisers here, Judy Pfeiffer and Leanne Gollasch.
We are pleased to announce Ana-Suncana Smith will be our guest speaker for the evening.
Ana-Suncana Smith. Image right shows height of a membrane ¯ h (blue) and the extension of bonds (red) as a function of λ and the corresponding shapes at d = 6ξ and below the fluctuation of bond amplitude as a function of λ.
- Ana’s research strives to identify when and how soft matters for the living.
- Providing the same depth of understanding of biological processes as we have in physics.
- Abstract and details coming soon.
6 pm Tuesday 13th of March, 5th floor, UWA Physics building tea-room.