Dr Cathy Foley PSM, Science Director and Deputy Director (CSIRO Manufacturing) will give a fascinating talk on Tuesday 13th March 2018 @ 6.30PM at the Slade Lecture Theatre, School of Physics, University of Sydney on superconductivity. See Pdf for details. AIPMarchMEETING(2018)-Dr Cathy Foley
Welcome to the website of the NSW branch of the Australian Institute of Physics. The NSW branch is very active and this will indeed be an exciting year.
AIP NSW Office Bearers for 2018:
Chair: Dr Fred Osman
Deputy Chair: Dr Graeme Melville (listen to some of his radio interviews: Exoplanets; Earth’s Pole Reversal.
Secretary: Associate Professor Matthew Arnold
Treasurer: Dr Phil Burns
Committee Member: Dr Scott Martin
Committee Member: Associate Professor Michael Lerch
Committee Member: Mrs Erin Munn
Committee Member: Mr Robert Raposio
Committee Member: Dr Timothy Van der Laan
Please view our calendar and details of coming and past events below. More details will become available as we get closer to the event.
2018 Event Dates:
- AIP seminar 13th Mar: Cathy Foley on superconductivity: Details in Pdf.
- AIP / STANSW Physics Teachers Conference 22 June at UTS – details to follow.
- AIP Physics in the Pub: Thursday 16 August. Details in Pdf.
- AIP / RACI Joint Seminar: Tuesday 1 August.
- WIP Lectures – Details to follow.
- Einstein Lecture 2018: Tuesday 14 August (Public Lecture at the fabulous new Nanoscience Hub in the School of Physics, Sydney University). Details to follow.
- AIP Industry Day: Thursday 8 November – details to follow.
- AIP Postgraduate Awards + AGM:Tuesday 13 November at the UNSW, School of Physics. Details to follow
Hope to see many people at our spectacular events this year.
The NSWAIP gives out a number of prizes each year including:
2017 Events :
2017 Community Outreach to Physics Award – this has been won by astronomer Dr Ragbir Bhathal from UWS and will be presented at 6 pm at the Postgraduate Awards Ceremony at UNSW on the 14 Nov. Congratulations Ragbir.