- representing and promoting the physics community to government and other legislative or policy-making bodies
- organising meetings and conferences on research and professional topics;
- promoting and supporting physics teaching and education in schools, colleges and universities;
- encouraging investment in government and industrial research;
- setting and supporting professional standards and qualifications in physics;
- identifying and supporting the needs of physicists in all sectors of employment;
- recognising distinguished contributions to physics.
To learn more, have a look at our AIP Member Benefits and Services.