Welcome to the website of the NSW branch of the Australian Institute of Physics. The NSW branch is very active and this will indeed be an exciting year.
Please view our calendar and details of coming and past events below.
2017 Event Dates:
- AIP Boas Medal Seminar: Wednesday 15 March
- AIP Physics in the Pub: Tuesday 20 June
- AIP / RACI Joint Seminar: Tuesday 1 August
- WIP Lectures – by Dr Katie Mack: Mon 31 July – Thurs 3 Aug. Details to follow.
- Einstein Lecture 2017: Wednesday 16 August at 6 pm (Public Lecture by Dr Karl at the fabulous new Nanoscience Hub in the School of Physics, Sydney University).
- AIP Industry Day: Thursday 2 November
- AIP Postgraduate Awards + AGM: Tuesday 14 November
Hope to see many people at our spectacular events this year.
AIP NSW Office Bearers for 2017:
Chair: Dr Matthew Arnold
Deputy Chair: Professor Les Kirkup
Secretary: Dr Frederick Osman
Treasurer: Mrs Erin Munn
Committee Member: Dr Chris Garvey
Committee Member: Dr Phil Burns
Committee Member: Dr Scott Martin
Committee Member: Dr Graeme Melville
Committee Member: Associate Professor Michael Lerch
Committee Member: Mr Boris Jovanoic
Committee Member: Mr Stephen Foster
PAST Events so far this year:
Website Manager: Dr Graeme Melville